Leadership is provided by a Board of Trustees and the current officers are:
- Lisa Brock, Ph.D., (co-chair) – Academic Director of the Arcus Center for Social Justice Leadership, Kalamazoo College.
- Gina Velasco, Ph.D., (co-chair) – Assistant Professor, Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies, Gettysburg College and a 2007/08 grantee.
- Walter L. Putter (Secretary), Syracuse Center for Peace and Social Justice, Inc.
- Laura McSpedon (Treasurer) Organizer, Committee of Interns & Residents/SEIU Healthcare, 1999 grantee.
The other members of the Board are:
- James A. Donaldson, Ph.D., Mathematics Professor and Former Dean of Arts and Sciences, Howard University.
- Carol Giardina, Ph.D., Queens College, Assistant Professor of History, 1998-99 grantee.
- Kai M. Green, Ph.D., Postdoctoral fellow, Northwestern University, African American Studies and Gender and Sexuality Studies, 2013/14 grantee.
- Sora Han, Ph.D., Criminology, Law & Society, University of California, Irvine, 2002-05 grantee.
- Carlos Jimenez, Midwest Regional Organizer for Jobs With Justice
- Carol J. Kraemer, Director
- Beth Rose Middleton Manning, PhD., Associate Professor and Graduate Adviser, Dept. of Native American Studies, Yocha Dehe Endowed Chair in California Indian Studies, Director, Environmental Justice Project, University of California, Davis
- Luke Aidger Patterson, Coalition Coordinator for Peoples’ Justice for Community Control & Police Accountability, a multidisciplinary artist and a 2011/12 grantee.
- Clarissa Rojas, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Chicana/o Studies at UC Davis.
- D Pei Wu, Ph,D., – Executive Director, Portland Jobs With Justice and a 2003/04 grantee.
- Rachel Stocking, Ph.D., Dept of History, Southern Illinois University Carbondale.
In addition, the Fund is supported by a number of Sponsors:
- Huwaida Arraf, Grantee 2005-2007
- Julian Bond
- Margaret Burnham, Grantee 1967/68
- Mina D. Caulfield (Founder)
- Noam Chomsky
- Johnnetta B. Cole
- Angela Y. Davis
- C. Quentin Davis (Founder)
- Chandler Davis (Founder)
- Terry Davis (Founder)
- Ed Dubinsky
- Lennox S. Hinds
- Nancy J. Hodes
- Ruth Hubbard
- Robin D. G. Kelley
- Mel King
- Richard C. Lewontin
- Jill Nelson, Grantee 1979/80
- Jan Phillips, Grantee 1971/72
- Barbara Ransby
- Bernice Johnson Reagon
- Paul Schachter, Grantee 1970/71
- Andres Torres, Grantee 1980- 1982
- Mary Helen Washington
Carol J. Kraemer, Director