Leadership is provided by a Board of Trustees and the current officers are:
- Gina Velasco, Ph.D., (Co-chair) – Assistant Professor, Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies, Gettysburg College and a 2007/08 grantee.
- Luke Aidger Patterson, (Co-chair) Peoples’ Justice for Community Control & Police Accountability, a multidisciplinary artist and a 2011/12 grantee.
- Laura McSpedon (Treasurer) 1999 grantee.
- Walter L. Putter (Secretary), Syracuse Center for Peace and Social Justice, Inc.
The other members of the Board are:
- Lisa Brock, Ph.D., (co-chair) – Academic Director of the Arcus Center for Social Justice Leadership, Kalamazoo College.
- Jordan Camp, Ph.D.
- Kai M. Green, Ph.D., Asst Professor of Femist Studies, UC Santa Barbara 2013/14 grantee.
- Christina Heatherton, Ph.D.
- Carol J. Kraemer, Director
- Beth Rose Middleton Manning, Ph.D., Associate Professor and Graduate Adviser, Dept. of Native American Studies, Yocha Dehe Endowed Chair in California Indian Studies, Director, Environmental Justice Project, University of California, Davis
- Clarissa Rojas, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Chicana/o Studies at UC Davis.
- Felipe Sousa-Rodriguez – Orlando United Assistance Center, /2009/10, 2010/11 grantee
- Rachel Stocking, Ph.D., Dept of History, Southern Illinois University Carbondale.
In addition, the Fund is supported by a number of Sponsors:
- Huwaida Arraf, Grantee 2005-2007
- Margaret Burnham, Grantee 1967/68
- Mina D. Caulfield (Founder)
- Noam Chomsky
- Johnnetta B. Cole
- Angela Y. Davis
- C. Quentin Davis (Founder)
- Chandler Davis (Founder)
- Terry Davis (Founder)
- James A. Donaldson, Ph.D.,
- Ed Dubinsky
- Lennox S. Hinds
- Nancy J. Hodes
- Robin D. G. Kelley
- Mel King
- Richard C. Lewontin
- Jill Nelson, Grantee 1979/80
- Jan Phillips, Grantee 1971/72
- Barbara Ransby
- Bernice Johnson Reagon
- Paul Schachter, Grantee 1970/71
- Andres Torres, Grantee 1980- 1982
- Mary Helen Washington
Carol J. Kraemer, Director